Ready to give your meals a bold and bright Mediterranean twist? This roundup of top Mediterranean recipes will give you all the inspiration you need! Wholesome recipes with big Mediterranean flavors from Turkey, Greece and Italy, to Morocco, the Middle East and more! From main dishes, to Mediterranean salads.
The Mediterranean Diet
- Use quality Extra virgin olive oil regularly. Use these two: Greek Early Harvest extra virgin olive oil and Greek Private Reserve extra virgin olive oil
- Eat MORE: fruits, veggies, whole grains, beans, nuts, and legumes.
- Eat MODERATELY: Lean proteins from fish and some poultry.
- Eat LESS: Red Meats and Sweets (sweets are often eliminated if you’re following a stricter Mediterranean diet.)
- For Flavor: Reduce salt and use more fresh herbs, garlic, citrus, and spices.
- Daily physical activity is important for overall good health. This includes strenuous exercise like running and aerobics.
As you follow the Mediterranean Diet, keep in mind that weight control is very important for good health. Establish your healthy weight range from your doctor or from reputable web sites, and let this healthy weight range be your guide. If you are above this range, cut back on the food and drink you consume, add more exercise, or both. For most people, counting calories obsessively not only detracts from enjoying foods, drinks, and meals, but also doesn’t work very well in the long term.
Steps To Follow A Recipe
Recipes organized by primary and important ingredients, like meats, sauces, oils, flours and herbs.
Recipes are made from a variety of different cooking methods, the following cooking methods can be: slow cooker, instant pot, microwave, no-bake, oven, grill, and stove-top.
Walnut Salad With Feta Cheese & Sultanas
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 ½ lbs baby spinach
- 4 oz crumbled feta cheese
- ½ cup craisins or sultanas
- 1 apple, chopped
- 2 T rice vinegar
- 2T Dijon mustard
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 T cranberry juice
- Combine salad ingredients (including cooled honey walnuts).
- Add all dressing ingredients to a jar. Shake. Pour dressing over salad, toss and serve.
Servings : 6
Ready in : 20 Minutes
Course : Main Dish, Salads, Sides