Bruschetta made the proper way, by using fresh ripe and juicy cocktail tomatoes from Turkey a few leaves of basil and drips of balsamico. The key is to use good crusty bread, like ciabatta or focaccia not baguette.
- Prep Time - 5 mins
- Cook Time - 5 min
- Total Time - 10 mins
- Servings: 4 people
- 4 slices crusty bread like ciabatta
- extra virgin olive oil , for brushing
- 3 garlic cloves , halved (unpeeled)
- 4 cocktail tomatoes
- 1/4 cup basil leaves chopped
- 1.5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Black pepper
- Cut tomatoes in half. Use a measuring teaspoon to scoop out watery seeds
- Place tomato and remaining Topping ingredients in a bowl and gently toss to combine.
- Set aside for 5 to 10 minutes for the flavours to meld and the tomatoes to become juicy and soften slightly.
- Brush each side of bread with oil then grill/broil until golden and crusty - about 3 minutes on each side.
- Rub one side of the surface of the bread lightly with the garlic.