Mediterranean Chard Salad with chickpeas, farmers market veggies, pepitas and simple lemony dressing- a healthy hearty vegan salad full of nutrients!
People tend to fall in love with chard’s earthy, salty, tangy flavor and juicy crunch with its ability to hold up well in salads
- Prep Time - 20 mins
- Cook Time - 1 min
- Total Time - 20 mins
- Servings: 4 people
- 4–6 cups shredded baby or young chard, cut or torn into small pieces
- 1 red pepper – thinly sliced
- 4 radishes- sliced ( or sub grated carrots or beets)
- ½ english cucumber – sliced ( or try shaved fennel)
- 6 cherry tomatoes- cut in half
- 1 avocado- sliced
- ¼ cup kalamata olives- optional
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas ( optional)
- 1 cup chopped Italian parsley ( or sub half cilantro, basil or mint)
- ¼ cup toasted pepitas (or slivered almonds)
- Lemony Dressing:
- 2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 –2 finely grated garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Place all the salad ingredients in a large bowl ( Either in separate ingredients into small piles over the greens, or toss all.
- Whisk dressing ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Dress the salad and toss- you may not need all the dressing.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper, taste and adjust salt and lemon to taste, adding more if necessary.
- Sprinkle with nuts or seeds and optional crumbled cheese and sprouts.