This incredibly delicious pan seared salmon with lemon butter sauce only takes 27 minutes with a handful of ingredients!
- Prep Time - 15 mins
- Cook Time - 12 min
- Total Time - 27 mins
- Servings: 4 people
- 2 Atlantic salmon portions
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 stick of butter
- juice of ½ lemon
- ¼ cup of chardonnay
- ¾ cup of heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon of capers
- 1 ½ teaspoons of fresh chopped dill
- salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- 1 peeled and small diced shallot
- 2 finely minced cloves of garlic
- Season the fish well on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Add the olive oil to a large saute pan over medium-high heat and once it begins to lightly smoke add in the fish and pan sear for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Once you flip the fish over add in 3 tablespoons of unsalted butter and generously baste the fish constantly until it is finished cooking, about 3 to 4 minutes. Set the fish aside and drain the fat from the pan.
- Add 1 tablespoon of butter to the pan and caramelize the shallots and garlic, about 3 to 4 minutes and deglaze with lemon juice and cook until the liquid is almost gone.
- Deglaze again with the chardonnay and cook it until it too is almost gone.
- Add in the cream and cook over medium heat until it becomes very thick, think alfredo sauce.
- Remove the pan from the heat and finish by whisking in the remaining 4 tablespoons of butter, capers, and dill.
- Spoon the sauce over top of the cooked salmon and enjoy.